- A wonderfully large water bill...
- Fighting off the pests...
- Expressing love and constant nurturing...
We were finally able to reap the fruits of our labor!! (Well, kind of...)
- Tomatoes do not seem to be doing that well - at all. So far we ate one off of the patio tomato plant in the container - but NOTHING from the (4) plants in the ground. Apparently "something" has been robbing us - as i have found evidence of this in my hosta pot.(Yes - that is a half eaten green tomato... what is even funnier is that i went out there the next day and it was gone.)
- Green peppers - umm, yeah, they aren't doing anything either.
- Eggplant.....is very sad.
- Cantaloupe- Well.... Its spreading like crazy - and I see evidence that we may actually get a couple of cantaloupes - if we do not get robbed.
(Thanks for the cucumber salad recipe Marissa (& Martha)!!)
Quick Pickled Cucumber Salad
In a large bowl, combine 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and toss to combine.
(Salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 4 hours.)