sometimes I do what I got to do.

sometimes I do what I want to do.
sometimes when I got to do what I want to do – it’s the same damn thing.
d.m.


Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ohio.

After much kicking and screaming...

(Ok so - I usually don't like going on vacation because I can never justify the money or the time spent away from tending to the house)

...we were on our way to Ohio to ride the biggest and fastest roller coasters in the world (i think...).

 

It was great.. we rented a Volvo (we would have driven my car - but it's still a little damaged from my accident...) It was awesome. It took us about 8.5 hours - no traffic... we just encountered some rain on the way up. Slightly stressful - but not terrible.
 First of all - I must say that I think Ohio must be the friendliest place i have been to so far... hands down.. Everyone was just so nice, pleasant and welcoming.... Such a comfortable energy :)

We stayed in a hotel in Port Clinton... Very nice, and conveniently located by a few state parks and an African Safari.... (yeah, I said it... a damn African Safari in Ohio, USA).


Ok - a few words about the African Safari.


 

1. The hotel manager told us to go there. She said it was great - we can drive through the "safari" and feed the animals.. We should just go to the grocery store and buy about 6 bags of carrots and hide them under out seat when we get there... Apparently, they make you buy the food at the gate at a whopping $6.00 a damn bag of carrots juxtaposed to about $1.00 or so at the grocery store. 
 
2. We start to drive through the "Safari" and are bombarded by about 2 alpacas..3 llamas...a host of deer and a partridge in a pear tree.... EVERYTHING and ANYTHING besides an animal that should be on an African Safari. (Okay okay... so there were also a zebra or two...) BUT It was hilarious...gross...frightening and sad all at the same time.




So we head over to Cedar Point on Monday...

The weather was perfect. 
The healing ankle was behaving...

(Side note: Deme is a good guy and all - but after i got hurt, he had this brainchild idea that i could ride in a wheelchair while we were in the park so that we could get to the front of the lines... stupid.)
Oh - and we couldn't have picked a better week to go... on a Monday - before the holiday.. the longest wait we had was about 30 minutes for the Maverick. AND well worth it.


Sooo.....
Lesson Learned: Every now and then you really need to step away and take a break.

This past weekend I think fed a moose with a carrot on an African Safari & I rode something called a "Strata Coaster" for it's unprecedented height... It was the first coaster to top 400 feet... it was the tallest and fastest coaster when it opened & launches riders from 0-120 mph in less than four seconds.

What are YOU going to do when you take your break? 


more photos here :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha. Cool. I like the blog ... well-written and funny. You almost make Ohio sound like a place someone would want to visit ... ALMOST!

    ReplyDelete