sometimes I do what I got to do.

sometimes I do what I want to do.
sometimes when I got to do what I want to do – it’s the same damn thing.
d.m.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WTF is for Dinner?


I think I ask my husband this question..

Every.

Day.

But - in my defense I told him that i was not a domesticated woman when he met me - and he STILL married me - so that's his fault.
The thing is - I can actually cook very well... I get it from my Mommy :)
I just don't CHOOSE to do it. Is that wrong??
Ugh - and to make matters worse - my mother has been cooking these outrageously tasty things lately and I am being TOLD that i MUST learn these new meals..
For example - My mother was determined to make a batch of ox-tails - just like Grama used to make...AND well (I love you G-Money..) THEY WERE BETTER!!!!!!!!!
We ate that shit so fast that I damn near bit my tongue off. (Just another thing to add to my list of "good luck" these days)
Ugh.
So now I need to start cooking - like REAL meals...
Who the hell has time for that?? i can see if i was working from home or something - then ok.... I would have a pot of ham hocks simmering with some collard greens - or even go all out and put a roast in the oven.. (maybe)

But after working all damn day - and then finally get the chance to sit on the sofa..
..in the house that i pay for by going to work all damn day..
..and then start working on the stuff that i REALLY want to work on..

- who feels like slaving in the kitchen???

Now - don't get me wrong.. I will toss it up here and there - and I KNOW that no one has ANYTHING on my cornbread - but apparently I should be "tossing it up" more often...

What the hell am i going to do when we have kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment