sometimes I do what I got to do.

sometimes I do what I want to do.
sometimes when I got to do what I want to do – it’s the same damn thing.
d.m.


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

things can only get better...

I am one of those people with a lot of faith.. A LOT of faith. I know that in my heart things will always turn out for the best - even when i just want to ball up and rock somewhere in a dark corner.
This past couple of weeks proved to me that I am much stronger than i had ever thought i was.


Last Monday - I am running out of my car - into the house because it was raining and i didn't have an umbrella...
I don't know who the hell told me that i should have put those skimpy ass Puma's on...
with no traction.....
in the grass...

but....

SLIP - BAM....

my ass was on the ground.

Crying the rain with an ankle twisted - the OTHER way.
Ugh... thank God Deme was there to witness the entire thing and (laugh) and pick me up and drag me into the house...

UGH - I was a mess.
Needless to say - I actually sprain my ankle - tore a few ligaments - and my pride.

AND THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING....

((On Friday))

I am driving into work - because i can't really walk... i refuse to use the crutches....and i felt like that was the BEST option....
WELL.... I got into a car accident. A fender bender....
Bending my soul.
My heart.
My spirit - (wait... no that's actually broken right about now...)

Ugh - Deme JUST bought me that $700.00 sexy ass car.....

It's still drivable - just NOT as sexy.


yes - it gets better :)

The following Thursday - I actually end up taking the train into the city after a site visit with my structural engineer...

I am sitting on the bench...waiting for the train.
The train comes and I get on the train.
I start walking to my sea.t

AND THEN THE TRAIN DOORS SHUT.

I forgot my damn purse on the bench.


w.t.f.


Ok - so of course i panic (internally - because i couldn't even stop shaking enough to dial the number to the train station...)

- I finally get them and someone had already brought my bag into the office....

((God, you must really love me))


NOW TODAY IS TUESDAY.

Just got in from a GREAT ACE mentoring presentation!! The students were fantastic and their hard work and dedication to the program really showed... :)


I got on the train to come home.
I am playing jewels on my stupid smart phone.
We get to my stop (a little quicker than i anticipated).
I go to put my trailpass into my purse - BUT

WHAT?

IT FELL WHERE?

I CAN'T FIT MY HANDS DOWN THERE?!

Game time decision... do I stay on this train til the next stop and try to get my pass out of this nasty crevice between the seat and the wall? OR do i sacrifice it and go on...without my 145.00 pass - for - the - month?

I went on without my pass...
I hope that i can find some old tickets laying around here...

__________________

Ok - so the moral of the story is that whenever things seem like they just won't get better - they probably won't. (haha)
BUT I know that there is a lesson learned in each and every one of those situation - and I am THANKFUL that they were not worse.

1. My ankle could have been broken.
2. My $700.00 car could have been totaled.
3. My purse could have been stolen - I mean, there wasn't any money in there anyway - but you know. :)
4. Even though i lost my pass... Um, yeah - i still need to figure out the bright side to this one....
(haha)

- wait... i thought that things happen in threes?




No comments:

Post a Comment